Stone House Pictures

The Hendrickson House of the grounds of Holy Trinity (Old Sw…

The Hendrickson House of the grounds of Holy Trinity (Old Swedes’) Church, Wilmi…

The Hendrickson House of the grounds of Holy Trinity (Old Swedes’) Church, Wilmington, Delaware (photo by the author) The history of this old stone house began in 1653 when Sweden’s Queen Christina agreed to answer Johan Printz’s repeated pleas for more men and supplies. Two vessels, Örnen (Eagle) and Gyllene Hajen (Golden Shark), were recruited for duty, and preparations were made to replenish the far-off New Sweden colony.

Tags
Back to top button
Close