Stone House Construction

The Oldest Stone House (right) is shown next to a commercial…

The Oldest Stone House (right) is shown next to a commercial building on the nor…

The Oldest Stone House (right) is shown next to a commercial building on the north side of Detroit Avenue in 1902. To the right of the Oldest Stone House is St. Charles Avenue, a north-south street which was constructed in 1901. Researchers at the Lakewood Historical Society have found some evidence to suggest that the house was moved 20 feet west of its original 1834 location during the construction of St. Charles Avenue.

Tags
Back to top button
Close